Message from Athletics NZ:
Following the government’s announcement yesterday that gatherings of 500 or more people should be cancelled/postponed, the decision has been made to postpone the 2020 Interprovincial Grade 12 and 13 Teams Event.
This decision has been made following discussions with the Auckland organising committee and the Youth Advisory Group.
While this will be disappointing it is essential that we follow the advice of health experts to ensure the well-being of all those involved with the event.
- At the moment, the dates proposed are Thursday 8 – Sunday 11 October. This is the last weekend of the term 3 school holidays. NOTE: This has not yet been confirmed.
- We are in discussion with Kings College about securing this alternative date. We are waiting to hear back from them to confirm the venue is available.
Athletes & Age Grade Adjustments
- We appreciate that some athletes will no longer be able to attend. It will be possible to replace these individuals with other athletes in the same age grade.
- The age grades will remain the same as they would have been for the April 2020 event:
- 12 year athlete (born in 2007)
- 13 year athlete (born in 2006)
- Once confirmed, you will need to reach out to your travel provider to clarify options for changing flights and other travel arrangements.
- A link to current guidance around this from Air New Zealand and Jet Star can be found below.
- We recommend not making any changes until the new date is confirmed.
Updating your Team
- We recommend updating all your team members on email or mobile today.
- Along with the information above, this should include:
- Any relevant updates regarding the process for people who want to withdraw from the team
- A primary contact from your centre for people to get in touch with if they have questions or would like additional information
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further please contact the competitions team: firstname.lastname@example.org or event manager Courtney MacDonald (027 541 3211).
Ngā mihi - Kind regards
Chief Executive Officer