‘SAM JOHNSON THROWS MEET 2019’
Sunday 17th November
New Format … TEAMS EVENT
1. Teams of 3 throwers: at least 1 male & 1 female. Secondary school age & older.
Other athletes maybe allowed to compete at organisers discretion which needs
to be applied for a minimum of 24 hours before the event starts.
2. Teams must be named before the start of the programme [i.e. before 10am].
3. Each thrower can have 3 throws on each event SP, JT, HT, DT. Correct weight
for their age group under IAAF/Athletics NZ rules.
4. 1 team member MUST throw the senior weight implement in each event. This
thrower must be nominated before the start of the event.
5. The top 6 throwers in each event will be offered 3 more throws [i.e. 6 throws].
6. Each thrower’s best attempt in each event will be awarded points from the
IAAF Multievent tables. These points will be added together for the Team Total.
7. ENTRY FEE: $5 per thrower is payable at the start.
Are welcome to enter & compete in up to 4 events. Rule #5 [above] will apply.
You can still get a Team total on 3 events as hammer won’t be available to you. Please let us know in advance if you are entering so we can make sure the correct equipment is available.
ORDER OF EVENTS:
10am INSIDE STADIUM Hammer over 40m & OUTSIDE Hammer under 40m
11.30am INSIDE STADIUM Discus over 35m & OUTSIDE Discus under 35m
12.45 INSIDE STADIUM Javelin over 35m & Shot Put under 9m
2pm INSIDE STADIUM Javelin under 35m & Shot Put over 9m
Some implements will be supplied. We will need more, please bring your competition weight implements if you can. These will be checked prior to the start.
QUERIES to Debbie Strange – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0211798838